Top 5 Website Optimisation Methods & Matrices
Search Engine Marketing is carried out to increase the visibility of a website on search engine result pages. To carry out SEM in the best possible, way we need to follow some methods and matrices to get the most out of it.
Explore the top 5 website optimization methods & matrices:
- Keyword Research and Analysis: Keyword research and analysis is the most important and foremost analysis as it is the only source that let us determine which are the best and ideal keywords for our website to rank higher. Analyze the website including the targeted audience and competitors that assist to build a strong strategy to rank better and sooner. Use various keyword tools like Google Keyword Planner, Ahrefs, Moz Keyword Explorer etc. to find the targeted keywords.
Your keywords search must have these 3 things mainly:
- Related to your site: Your keywords should be related to your site and they should not contain something that your site doesn’t serve but, they can have the level of relevancy like, some can be highly relevant, then mediocrely relevant and lastly least relevant.
- Search Volume: You need to select the keywords which are most engaged, which means that are highly searched on the internet on the daily basis, as the least search keywords won’t help you out very well.
- Competition: Select only those keywords which can be easily competed, which means to select the keywords with medium and low competition. High competition keywords will take you time and hard patience to reach on top.
- Website Saturation and Popularity: Website saturation and popularity are two entirely different things. Saturation refers to how much engagement your website has on the search engine, as it depends on how many pages your website contains and how many of them are indexed by the search engines. Whereas, popularity depends upon how many backlinks your website has. But they are related to each other as, for saturation of your website and popularity, it is required that all your pages must contain the relevant keywords and they are ranking high enough to gain popularity to the website.
- Back End Tools: Web analytics tools and HTML validators allow the visitors to measure and look into a website’s success. These tools stretch from simple traffic counters to the tools that work with log documents and to more advanced instruments that depend on page labeling. There are three most important tools by EBSCO, log file analyzing tool: WebTrends by NetIQ, tag-based analytic tool: WebSideStory’s Hitbox and transaction-based tool: TeaLeaf RealiTea.Validators check the hidden parts of websites, featuring potential issues and various utility issues and guaranteeing sites meet W3C code norms. Utilize more than one HTML validator or spider simulator due to the fact that everyone tests, focus, and reports on little extraordinary parts of your site.
- Whois Tool: As the name suggests “Whois”, is a tool that gives information about the owner of the website and also provides useful information about copyright and trademark issues.
- Google Mobile-Friendly website checker: This test is to examine whether a website is mobile-friendly or not and also provide us the details that are preventing the site from being a mobile-friendly one. One of the best ways to attain a good ranking and traffic is to make the website mobile-friendly.