REBRANDING MY BRAND
Rebranding is a procedure of inventing a new look and feel for an existing brand to change its client’s perception. Rebranding process may embrace altering the name, logo or tagline. It is no doubt a very thought-provoking but tremendously rewarding progression. It is a course that entails cautious deliberation and planning to attain the much-desired goal which is aimed at injecting new life into a brand to entice new customers and boost its popularity.
In 1997, tech brand Apple was almost going bankrupt, but in a little less than 17 years later, stock prices of Apple have increased from a paltry sum of six dollars to three hundred and fifty dollars. Apple started its rebranding process by changing its mascot, logo, and its name. They also invented elegantly designed and dependable gadgets, thereby creating new brand products such as iMac, iPhone, iPod, iPad. Apple discovered an innovative way to refine its brand and produce a positive experience for its clients.
McDonald’s used to possess an image of a food chain company that prepared junk meals for ridiculous prices; In fact, McDonald’s meals have been heavily criticized as one of the foremost causes of obesity. Rebranding McDonald’s enables it to serve healthier foods and offer competitive prices to its esteemed clients who also help McDonald’s to achieve a 5.3 percent surge in sales. Wal-Mart changed its tagline in 2007 rebranding from “Always low price” with “Save money. Live better”. This extraordinary act transformed the company’s status from providing retails at low prices to proposing that purchasing goods at low prices will enhance the lifestyle of the client. According to Forbes Global 2000 report, Wal-Mart was named the world’s largest public corporation by revenue in 2010.
WHY IT IS IMPORTANT TO REBRAND
- Every brand needs refreshing and innovative ideas to remain relevant. As the 21st-century market is an ever-evolving one, rebranding offers companies the opportunity to invent a new strategy to make their brand meaningful and more prominently, stay relevant in their field.
- Rebranding can change the customer’s assessment of the brand. When a product is adorned with a new look or a company revises its marketing resources and schemes with meticulous consideration of the target customer, the perception of the client changes and tilts more positively.
- Rebranding provides the prospect to clarify images while giving room for future growth. This serves as a means of conveying the business’s brand message and core values.
- Rebranding helps a company to be competitive in their industry and can breathe new life into a business when it is done with a well-planned strategy.
There have been numerous advantages attached to rebranding your brand for clients and brands. For an effective rebranding campaign, trends and the paramount needs of the customers must form the fundamental part of any policy to be created by the company. Rebranding can be more efficient when meaningful when it is used to improve the relationship between the company and existing customers as well as prospective new clients. Most importantly, rebranding is very pertinent for businesses as it is required from them to stay ahead of the competition in a very viable market where it is very easy to be left behind if they can’t cope with the consistent demands of customers and the trends in the social order that motivate such requirements. Rebranding ensures that brands don’t lose their worth and assist them to have a convincing voice for their brands.
HOW DESIGN EXPERTS CAN HELP IN REBRANDING
A good design is a common determinant when it comes to brand innovation, consumer engagement and the success of the brand. As even more brands appear and jostle for our consideration, the need to discuss design becomes increasingly perceptive. As consumer awareness and relationship with a brand will become even more important. One would wonder why a creative logo design matters to a company. It is because effective logos capture the attention of prospects, stick in the minds of existing customers, and can even turn seldom buyers into loyal followers. With a logo, we describe the essence of a company in one integrated, creative and unique symbol. Thinking about the established brands and how our minds instantly make a visual image of the logo. All big brands have made a mark in the market with their creative logo design.
The following points should be noted by design experts to help to rebrand products;
- Design experts should learn to create designs that can be easily comprehended. This will make more clients understand the message the brand is trying to disseminate.
- Experts can help rebranding by creatively inventing timeless designs that will not fade away with time.
- They can help rebranding by creating designs that have effective communication means with the clients they seek their attention to.
- They can help the rebranding process by providing versatile designs; a design that cannot be altered in case there is a requirement for scaling.