Logo and Colors
Selection of colors is very important when you are getting your new logo made. It’s not about your favorite color or color combination. Each color depicts a certain meaning hence selection of colors has to be done keeping in mind what you want to say about your company.
If you study the world’s famous brand logos be it Mc-Donalds or Coca Cola or Nike you will see the philosophical use of colors in them. They spend a huge amount on branding and marketing. The colors used are apt to their businesses.
Each color signifies certain characteristics for example when we talk about blue we generally associate this color with serenity. Blue actually signifies Trust. Dependable. Honest. Calm. Secure. Cool. Similarly, each color signifies certain things and hence used wisely when creating logos.
Let’s know more about basic colors and what they are associated with:
- Blue : Trust. Dependable. Honest. Calm. Secure. Cool.
- Red : Energy. Danger. Strength. Power. Determination. Passion. Desire. Love
- Orange : Enthusiasm. Happiness. Creativity. Determination. Attraction. Success,
- Yellow : Joy. Happiness. Intellect. Energy.
- Green : Growth. Harmony. Freshness. Fertility
- White : Light. Goodness. Innocence. Purity.
- Black : Power. Elegance. Formality. Evil. Mystery. Sophisticated. Luxurious. Style. Expensive. Authoritative.
- Rainbow Colors (Multi-Colors) : Fun. Easy-going. Child-like. Internet. Multi-disciplinary. Authority.
Logos can be monochromatic or multi-Color; it all depends on what you want to convey to your clients. Multi-Color or Rainbow colors are used by a company that wants to portray themselves as Fun and Easy-going.
Colors are an important aspect of Logo designing but it is not the only thing to be kept in mind while branding. Fonts, the way the letters are spaced and the shape of the logo together form the brand impression.
We keep all these things in mind and discuss a few questions with our clients to understand what they want from their branding or logo. Once we are clear then we start with the designing phase.
If you want to know more please get in touch with us.